Friday, January 17, 2020

All about me

My name is Victoria, I’m 17, and im in the 11th grade in High School.
This is the second semester in the 2019-2020 school year. Compared
to the beginning of the year, being a junior can still be stressful at times.
Taking a combination of Aice and AP classes make my stress reach its peak.
However, I’ve been able to manage it with taking much needed breaks
and doing relaxing exercises like yoga. Other than stress, the school year
has been filled with great new memories and old friends. I’m excited to
continue this class and hopefully learn more skills that I haven’t yet. For
this final project, sadly I’m not working with anyone in class. I decided it’d
be best to work alone because I live so far from my past partners. The blogs,
the filming, the editing will inevitably be easier if i end up working alone. 

In Aice Media Studies I’ve learned many things pertaining to the film industry.
Things like how to research for the codes and conventions, the different camera
angles and movements, how to film, and edit.  Even though we are given
guidelines to complete our projects, we are given a type of freedom to make
whatever we like. This class also teaches good productive skills. Like managing
deadlines. Procrastination can be a killer when it comes to this class because
you can wait as long as you want to film but then it affects the amount of time
you have to edit. Editing is my favorite part of film production. As I expressed
in past blogs, editing is where the magic happens. You really see your vision
come together when you’re editing and it’s exciting. When you wait last minute
to edit it can mess up with how you envision the product. This is where learning
how to manage your time is important. 
A pitch is a hollywood term to describe an idea where a film is encapsulated
in 25 words or less. Usually one sentence. My three pitch ideas are:
1- Momma always said “Don’t trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar”.
Little did her victims know, their sugar was actually salt. 


2- Everyone wants to be famous but at what cost? Club 27 is where it’s at,
but as they say, be careful what you wish for.

3- When someone knows everything about you, do you still hide?



No comments:

Post a Comment