Friday, April 17, 2020

Final Project


I can't believe today is the day I post my final project for everyone to see! It was such a journey to get here. Filming this movie was really a fun thing to do. After doing a commercial and a music video, I feel like you really can see the progress I've made. At the beginning of this project I had to right three pitches. I chose "Momma always said “Don’t trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar”. Little did her victims know, their sugar was actually salt". I chose this pitch because it had to deal with people who didn't say who they truly are. The movie is called sugar. Sugar is loosely based off all the typical serial killers that prey on their dates. She is a woman that chooses her victims through social media and dating sites. A psychopath that craves to murder. However, somehow her next victim recognizes her. ‘Sugar’ never shares her real name and hides her life. Her poor dates never see it coming. The reality of meeting people is scary. Meeting people who hide behind a screen is terrifying.
Filming and editing my film was fun and easy. However, my film is missing a very crucial scene but do to the pandemic I was unable to film it. In order to really instill that shock factor, I was suppose to film a scene of the main character meeting her date. This is a somewhat important scene because the majority of the film is the killer killing her victim. If the victim were to come back then it would confuse the audience. Overlooking that, I think the film came out pretty nice. The music in the film is my favorite part. The song is called 'lovefool' it's a slowed down cover of the original song. I chose this song because if you listen to the lyrics you would be able to kinda put together what might happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment