Monday, October 28, 2019

Editing the commercial

Today my group and I were really excited to start editing
our commercial and begin the magical process of seeing
our commercial come to life. But sadly, that excitement came
to a halt when the editing software wasn’t working and half of
the school computers wouldn’t even turn on. It really sucked.
We were all ready and looking forward to editing and putting
our commercial together. Last class we dumped our footage
onto my personal computer because all of the school computers
had been in use. This morning in class, we had transported the
footage onto a flashdrive and then onto a school computer. After
twenty minutes of waiting for the footage to transfer, we were set
to edit. We then tried to open the editing software but we were
presented with a lovely message. “This application is blocked by
your administrator.”. After complaining about it to our teachers,
we were informed that the application itself had been down on
all the school computers. 

We ended up having to dump our footage not only on the school
computer. We also had to dump our footage onto my personal Google
Drive. Our teachers told us that the school computers may be wiped
of all data in order to fix the problem of the editing software not being
available. I went ahead and transferred all the footage onto my Google
Drive. After that, there wasn’t anything for us to do. We decided to try
and go in depth as to how we wanted our commercial to look like.
Even though we had discussed this in past classes, we tried to do
our best and talk about specifics. We discussed the different techniques
we wanted to use during the editing process. Since common conventions
in a typical Gatorade Commercial included jump cuts, flash pans, and
other fast paced editing styles. We also went into how different filters
and lighting can change how a scene is interpreted. 

Since we were not able to edit this class, our commercial schedule
was adjusted. We are going to edit the next class period and hopefully
finish the commercial. Next class, I hope that the editing software is
available to use. If the software isn’t available, I have no clue as to
when we are going to finish our commercial. Before we even started
filming our commercial, our teachers had hyped the editing process to
be a fun one. My group and I are still looking forward to it. Even with
this road bump, I think my group and I are going to enjoy the editing
process. Editing the commercial may be inspiring. I know what I want
to be when I grow up but that might change it. Seeing our work become
what we envisioned can be magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment