Thursday, March 5, 2020

Peer Reviewing

Today was a nerve racking day to say the least. Today our class was
assigned to do peer reviewing for our movies. I felt confident enough in
my movie to where I knew that my peers wouldn’t rip my movie to shreds.
The way that we kept the peer reviewing anonymous was pretty simple. Our
teachers had assigned a number to each group and every group received a
number to review. I received the number seven to review. Number seven’s film
was two minutes long. It told a story of a regular couple going on a picnic and
then the girlfriend gets kidnapped. The transitions were clean throughout the film.
There were no titles included in the film. There was great lighting during the film.
The lighting was good throughout the film, no need to change anything. However,
the sound quality can be worked on. When the actors were outside, the wind impaired
the dialogue. They avoided filming the tripod and other people. Group seven had a
total of six out of 14 camera angles, movements, and sound. They included an
establishing shot, a long shot, a high angle, a low angle, a pan, an action match,
and they had diegetic. One thing that I really liked about their film was the concept.
Although there are probably thousands of films with the same concept, I’ve always
been gravitated towards the thriller genre. One thing that I would make to the film
would be to try and re-shoot the scenes where the dialogue is muffled because of
the wind. Overall, I thought the film was good because it seemed like they had really
worked on the filming and planning of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment